Liking Judge Judy is a bit like liking a demolition derby, I suppose. But I like the show and I like her.
I’m not the only one. Judge Judy regularly ties or even beats Oprah Winfrey in the ratings.
I like her because she’s real (stop it, she is). I remember being very impressed with the 60 Minutes report about her. Although I don’t recall seeing the original broadcast, I did see it when it was re-run a few years ago.
She’s one tough cookie. And she makes sense.
- children are important
- sometimes teens do bad things but they are not bad people
- sometimes teens do bad things and will turn out to be bad people
- don’t loan money if you expect to get it back
- if you do feel the need to loan money,
get something in writing
- honour your word
- get out of a bad relationship
- no one owes you anything
- treat others how you wish to be treated
- don’t be a pushover
- drugs ruin lives
- pay your bills
- Don’t Pee on My Leg and Tell Me It’s Raining
The last one is the most important. When it rains it pours.
Another astute reader has pointed out there is no link home from the comments page. I can add one but it ends up in an odd spot. I need to look into this some more. For the time being the back button is our friend.