This is not my book club… we’re slightly more fun.
But not this fun.
I actually belong to two book clubs — my ‘work’ book club and my ‘friend’ book club — but that’s not really apt since we’re all friends.
- The best thing about book club: I get to read (mostly) fiction.
- The worst thing about book club: I have to read (mostly) fiction.
But what I do mostly is listen to podcasts. I listen on my walk to and from work, while I am doing laundry and cleaning up around the house. Pretty much anytime I am not talking to people.
Roundup of my latest favourites:
- Waking Up
- NPR Politics Podcast — it’s a not a good day unless Mara Liasson tells me something new
- The New Yorker Radio Hour
- War College (not the greatest name, but very informative)
- Reply All
I listen to these — and more — every week. My house is very, very clean and my laundry is always fresh and pressed. And thanks to my long daily walks I am both (somewhat) fit and informed.