There is no such thing as inner peace. There is only nervousness or death. Any attempt to prove otherwise constitutes unacceptable behavior. ~ Fran Lebowitz
Well, it’s not that bad over here in real-life Elias.to land. Sure, I’m deliriously happy with how my life is going for the most part, but a string of bad luck can really get a gal down. Just this week, my refrigerator was deemed irreparable and my hearing aid cracked in my ear for the second time – yep, twice in less than a week.
- I spilled vinegar on my floors – concrete floor polishing is not a DIY thing.
- Ouch tendonitis – no, I don’t play tennis.
- Ouch sunburn – being olive-complexioned does not mean one can save money on sunscreen.
- Two of my Swatch watches will never tell time again.
- My other hearing aid gave up the
- My two-year old washer/dryer sputtered to a quick death – luckily they sell more at Sears.
- I have a cough I can’t shake.
All pretty minor really, I know. My ailments will heal and what’s a job for but to make money to spend on things you need. (I do prefer to spend money I things I want – and hope to return to that state of affairs in the near term.)
But hey, only 60 days until Autumn – things are looking up.
Could be worse, right? I don’t want my money back – I’d just like a few things to go on sale.